Fullering Under a Power Hammer

"... Verdigris; where engineering becomes art ..."

A blacksmith's fuller is a narrow rounded tool that is hammered into hot metal. It spreads the metal but only in one direction. In the picture below, both top and bottom fullers are driven in by a power hammer and used to form a thin neck just behind the split in the steel.

gas welding